Monday, November 1, 2010

Day Eleven

We're just plugging along here aren't we? Things went very well today, especially considering the fact that I went to Wal-Mart starving and was more tempted than usual by all the sweets they're putting out for the holiday season. But I stayed strong and stuck to my list! I should know better than to go to the grocery store hungry...that's always a bad combination. But I made it through, and have all of my meals planned out until Friday!

I finally made the egg muffins I've been planning to make so I can have them for a quick breakfast on mornings I have class...they turned out well! Here are some pictures:


I used the rest of my container of egg beaters (I should have measured it out, but I spaced out) and 6 eggs, plus spinach, mushrooms, pepperoni, Asiago cheese, hot sauce, pepper, and a dash of Mrs. Dash.


I bought the silicone baking tray specifically for this purpose, and I'm so glad I did! It works great, and absolutely nothing sticks to it! Plus they're shaped like little flowers, so that's pretty awesome.

Otherwise, food was pretty uneventful today, as I didn't have any groceries in the house until lunch time, at which point I was so hungry that I just snacked haphazardly. Okay, not haphazardly, but without much planning. But I did do something new for dinner...warm scallop salad! I was inspired by this recipe from Kalyn's Kitchen, but ended up getting small frozen scallops instead of big fresh ones, so I improvised and kind of did my own thing. I had high hopes for it, but it wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. The frozen scallops were not so tasty, at least not the way I prepared them (I just cooked them in a little olive oil). But it was okay...only now I have a whole bag of scallops I have to figure out what to do with. Anyone have any tips on cooking scallops? Anyways, here is the finished product:


Pretty though, right? My roommate thought the scallops were nuts at first, lol...


It was supposed to be a caesar salad, and I put caesar dressing and parmesan on it, but added the tomatoes and olives out of fear that I wouldn't like the scallops very much. Alas, my fears were confirmed.

So here's how eating went for the rest of the day:

Breakfast
Multigrain Cheerios -110 
Coffee w/ fat-free creamer - 60 (I haven't been including my morning coffee...oops! Must start doing that!!)

Lunch
Light mozzerella string cheese - 70
Turkey pepperoni - 100
1 egg muffin (I had to try one after I finished making them) - 160

Dinner
Salad w/ tomatoes, kalamata olives, tomatoes, scallops, and parmesan - 254
Non-fat Greek yogurt w/ honey - 140

Snacks
2 slim jims - 80
1 serving reduced fat peanut butter - 200 (DANG!!)

Total: 1174

It's really funny how my desire to snack has really decreased over the past few days. I've been pretty good about redirecting myself, or popping a piece of gum. I've got to be careful with the gum though...I've been reading that too much sugar-free gum can mess up your stomach. But in moderation it's a great tool to sastisfy my cravings for something sweet!

Once again, a big huge thank you too all of you wonderful people! Your comments are so encouraging and uplifting! Thanks for keeping me going!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Try stir frying the scallops!

Campbell said...

Great idea, thank you!

Unknown said...

Those egg muffins look yummy!! And scallops are super yummy if you cook them right:) Love you!!

Post a Comment