Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day Twenty

So my school load was relieved somewhat today when my biology test got postponed until Tuesday! So that leaves me with the just the paper. Thank goodness! So I get to relax a little bit.

I took another walk today! I went for thirty minutes and took four laps instead of three! It was warm again today, but it was so pretty and clear and there was a breeze so I did okay. Once again, I went right after class, and it helped so much. Once I settle down and start doing something I'm not likely to get out and exercise. So so far, this is working for me!

Alas, I don't have any exciting pictures for you guys today. Trying to eat up leftovers. Karlee's back at it with the chocolate chip cookies again, but I'm not having too much trouble staying away from them. So far, at least! Today I just redirected with some strawberries and fat free whipped cream. Yum!

I also realized that I need to start keeping an eye on cholesterol section of the nutrition facts...I never realized it before, but spinach soufflé has 200 mg per cup, and shrimp has something like 160! Yikes. Must use those sparingly!

Today's food:

Breakfast
1 slice spinach and artichoke frittata - 140
Greek yogurt w/ honey - 140

Lunch
1 cup spinach soufflé - 300
Gala apple - 80

Dinner
Broiled shrimp - 204
Lima beans - 108
Plum - 30

Snacks
Banana Fudge sugar-free Jell-o - 60
Chili/Lime Almonds - 85
1 cup strawberries - 49
6 tablespoons fat free whipped cream - 45

Total: 1241

9 comments:

Ginny said...

Campbell, I am soooo proud of you! Sorry for not posting during the last week. Work kind of exploded in my face and I've been scrambling around organizing grad school things. But I really am very, very proud of you. The first 5 pounds is always a big step. And that's great that you've managed to stay away from cookies. That's something I still have trouble with...My will power needs some boosting, but we're getting there. Also, I've been looking at your meal lists and am SO stealing some ideas from you. Those chili almonds sound awesome. Keep up the great work, hon :)

Unknown said...

Great job on the exercise!

Campbell said...

That's okay! I know you're busy! Thanks so much. it feels really good to see results. I know, the temptation is hard, but it helps to know that I'd have to confess about the cookie on here, lol. Please feel free to steal ideas! Planters makes the chili and lime almonds, you should be able to find them in the nuts section (same brand as those salt/olive oil ones I had in my car). So yummy!

Thanks for the encouragement! It helps so much!

Campbell said...

Susie Bee - Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

Cam! So sorry I haven't commented! You are doing awesome! It is definitely mind over matter, if you have the right attitude, you can do whatever you want, and we all know how stubborn you can get ;) So put your foot down! I love you soo much and can't wait until you get home for thanksgiving! The parents and I already decided that we are going to tennis together when you are in town, it is so much fun and you don't even realize that you are exercising. Can't wait to see you! (and make you cook for me:))

Campbell said...

That's okay no worries! Thanks! Yes, I need to get out the stubborn on this one. We definitely need to play some tennis! That will be awesome. All three of us against Dad! He'll still win, lol.

We should cook together! It'll be fun. We'll have to figure out some healthy Thanksgiving desserts!

Can't wait to see you too! Love you!

Jane said...

Love the new blog look! (although I loved the previous one too)

You are doing fabulously my dear! And to hear how your mindset has changed was really emotional -- but is so encouraging. Eating healthy can be rewarding in many ways.

Good for you on the exercise! I too have to do it before I get too distracted with other things. I'm not like your mom, able to bound out of bed and hit the workout. I do better with it also being an anxiety release at the end of the day.

I'll pulling for you, babe!

love, Aunt Jane

Campbell said...

Thanks! I'm so ADD, I can never stick with anything for long. I can't do that either, she's crazy getting up before dawn to go get in the cold pool! Thanks again, you're the best!

Momma Jean said...

Hey. Did you say I was crazy? Apple doesn't fall. I have been very lazy so you are inspiring me. xoxo

Post a Comment