Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day Sixteen

Another great day! Mama Jean and I got up early to get to the mall so we could power walk before the crowds rolled in. We did 30 minutes of walking, and it was nice and heated inside! I also got some great new tennis shoes with good support, so I don't have to kill my feet trying to walk around the neighborhood. Thanks Mom!

I did all right with food until we went out to eat for lunch. We met Lindsey at Strip restaurant in Atlantic Station, and it was delicious, but once again I discovered that it's much harder to be healthy and limit calories when ordering off a menu. Our first mistake was ordering fried calamari...I didn't consider the fact that it would be fried until we got it. If I was a stronger person, I would have resisted it entirely, but alas, I was hungry, and I didn't. It's so much harder to resist when something is right in front of you!! I tried to go light on dinner to compensate, but I still went over 1700 calorie goal. Oh well. Back on track tomorrow. At least we got lots of walking done (we also walked around Ikea and Atlantic Station a bit) so that helps.

Today's food....

Breakfast
Spinach and goat cheese omelette - 116
Morningstar Veggie Sausage - 160
Coffee - 60

Lunch
Shrimp tempura/salmon sushi roll - approx 500 (and I though sushi was healthy!! It's all that white rice that does you in...)
1 cup edamame - 204
Mimosa - 80
Calamari appetizer - 175

Dinner
8 Leftover broiled shrimp - 64
1 cup red grapes - 104

Snacks
Weight watchers chocolate popsicle - 130
1/2 container Fage Greek yogurt (didn't realize it wasn't non-fat until I got through half of it...whoops!!!) -150

Total: 1743 (dang!!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are doing great! A slight overage on one day won't hurt and actually keeps your metabolism confused so it doesn't slow down. You had some pretty low calorie days this week, so you may want to look at a 7 day average to see if you are staying within your calorie range, and don't sweat each days overage/underage too much. (Also don't forget as you lose pounds to reduce your calorie goal).

Campbell said...

Thanks so much! That's true...and good idea about averaging calories for the week. I hadn't thought about reducing the calorie goal with the weight, but thanks for telling me! I'll definitely make sure to do that.

Post a Comment