Monday, November 8, 2010

Day Eighteen

Ugh. The munchie feeling reared its ugly head today.

Not to disastrous results, thank goodness, but I wasn't as strict with portion control as I have been. It just scares me a little, because I've been doing so well, and I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. I've failed so many times at trying to lose weight, and I'm afraid that my old mindset is lurking behind the corner, waiting to jump on me any minute. I'm probably overanalyzing things...we all have good days and bad days. I think this blog is going to be what holds me together and keeps me on target. I just have to be extra careful about paying attention to what goes into my mouth.

Part of it was due to the fact that Karlee made a batch of chocolate chip cookies today...and temptation is never fun when you're trying to eat healthy. I've been doing really well with it, mostly because even if she has junk food in the house, I don't touch it because, obviously, it's not mine. But when she bakes it's usually to share, which makes it that much harder to resist! But I did. Once the warm cookie smell faded it was much easier! I bought some fat free whipped cream today and stuck it in the freezer, so a bite of that assuaged my sweet tooth somewhat.

On the brighter side of things, I had some delicious food today! For breakfast was a spinach and artichoke frittata, found at Cara's Cravings. It was absolutely AMAZING. I'm serious, everyone needs to go make this right now. I can't even explain how good it is! I didn't have as much spinach as the recipe called for, but it turned out great anyway. Plus I love artichokes, so that was a huge plus! You add greek yogurt to the egg which gives it this wonderful creamy texture. So so good!


Dinner came from Kalyn's Kitchen, (Turkey) Italian Sausage with Tomato Sauce. This was so easy, and so tasty too! On the side I had Sweet Potato Frips from Eat Little, Eat Big. An odd combination, perhaps, but delicious all the same! I didn't get anything green in (for shame!) but I just didn't have it in me to make a third thing. Must have a salad tomorrow! Here's dinner:


Gosh I love sweet potatoes! 



I also need to work on a snack to bring to school with me on Tuesday/Thursday, when I don't get home until around 2:30. I looked at the energy/diet bars at Wal-mart today, but most were either high in sugar, fat, or calories. I need something that can't get smushed and doesn't need refrigeration. I suppose nuts are a good idea. Anybody have any others?

Here's today's food:

Breakfast
Slice of spinach & artichoke frittata (1/8) - approx. 135
Morning Star Veggie Sausage - 160

Lunch
Chicken and provolone roll-ups - 350
1/2 cup spinach souffle - 150

Dinner
Turkey Italian sausage w/ fire-roasted tomato & garlic sauce - 305
Sweet potato frips - 100

Snacks
Strawberries w/ fat free whipped cream - 80
Greek Yogurt w/ peaches - 140
Turkey snack bites - 100
6 almonds - 38

Total: 1458

See, I didn't do as badly as I thought I did. But I guess I just felt old habits creeping around. Constant vigilance!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Not so bad at all.
How about part skim moz sticks, they do well out of the fridge for quite a few hours. Also, you can buy a small insulated lunch bag and small blue ice and not limit your snacks to non-refrig stuff.

Unknown said...

CONSTANT VIGILANCE! haha I like to snack on Lara Bars, they are all natural and have awesome flavors like key lime pie. They are delicious (the ginger snap are my fav! Keep it up!
love-Ur sis

Campbell said...

Lol! Shout out to Prof. Moody. I looked at Lara bars, but they have like 240 calories and 27g of carbs each. It would be okay if I was replacing a meal with them, but otherwise it's a little high. But thanks for the suggestion sissy! Lurve you!

Post a Comment