Monday, November 29, 2010

Day Thirty-Nine

Hi everyone! I'm back! If there's one thing I've learned over the past week, it's that I need this blog! It was nice to have a little break, but I found that without the structure and the support from posting every night, I am much more apt to revert to old habits. I actually lost .2 more pounds, which is good I guess, considering it was Thanksgiving and I wasn't as good as I could have been. It actually might be more than that, because I weighed at night instead of in the morning like usual. I'll have to do it in the morning tomorrow to double check. I'm thinking I might just hop back to phase one for another two weeks to get back on track. Of course, at the end of two weeks I'll be back home and it will be Christmas time, but hopefully I can keep it up better then than I did this past week. The key for me is structure! When I stop counting calories and measuring portions, I'm in big trouble. But it was good for me to see how much this system is really working for me, and how much I need it.

But Thanksgiving was still fun...I made some yummy stuff, and I can't believe I forgot to take pictures! I made Twice Baked Sweet Potato Cups from Kalyn's Kitchen which were AMAZING as well as her Low-Sugar Raspberry Cheesecake w/ Pecan Crust. That turned out really great too! I did my best to stay away from the pecan pie and the rolls, and was successful on that front. But I had to try the mashed potatoes and the stuffing so not so good there. I figure it's the holidays and I can splurge once and a while, as long as I get back on track the next day!

I also discovered agave nectar over the break! It's a great all-natural low-glycemic alternative to honey, which I like on my veggie sausage or in tea. Very yummy.

On a random side note, I've also decided I need a hair cut. I wonder how many pounds that will take off, lol!

I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving! I would post my food, but I woke up at 5:45 this morning to get back up to Athens in time for class and I'm wiped out. But tomorrow we're jumping back on South Beach! Hooray for perseverance!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you did very well!
I like agave too since it is minimally processed compared to sugar (I do have to remind myself that it has about the same calories as honey).

Campbell said...

Yes, that's true...I definitely use it sparingly. But I find it's also a little sweeter than honey, so I use less of it, which helps!

Unknown said...

Hooray! I bet when you cut your hair, it will be like 10 lbs, care to donate it to your favorite sister? Love you!!!

Post a Comment