Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day Twenty-One

Wow, we're one day away from three weeks! I can't believe how fast it's gone by, and how much I'm still enjoying myself! I never expected dieting to be fun. But believe it or not, it really is!

By the way, do you guys like my new design? I finally made one for myself. Okay, no, I didn't draw the cute veggies in the background, but I put it all together. Now my blog finally feels personal!

I did another 30 minutes of walking today! That's right, three days in a row! Every day I go it's easier...not only easier to make myself go, but I'm also less tired when I get done. I can't wait until the day I can make 4 laps around the neighborhood without my legs being worn out. This is such a great time to take advantage of the weather too...not too hot, not too cold! It won't last, but I'll enjoy it while it does.

Wanna know something kinda cool? I can’t remember the last time I felt the urge to go on an emotions-fueled eating binge. I get the munchie feeling, yes, but that usually stems from boredom. Emotional eating, instead, usually triggers something inside me that sends me out of the house to go get a combo meal at McDonalds, or to drive all the way to the grocery store for a bag of candy that I’m likely to consume all or most of before the day is done. It’s like I need something “comforting,” badly enough that I’ll leave the house to go and get it, and then I have to eat way too much of it in order to feel better. But I haven’t felt anything like that lately. I think it has a lot to do with how much happier I am now that I’m taking care of myself. It’s like a huge burden has been lifted off my shoulders. It’s so weird how easy this is coming to me at the moment...I don’t know how it happened, but it’s almost like a flip got switched! I’m not saying every day is a great day, but it’s like I get a new boost of energy every day I succeed at this. I’m not getting the typical diet fatigue I've gotten in the past...there are so many great recipes to try and so many tasty, healthy foods out there that I don’t think I’ll get bored any time soon!

Anyways, food today. More eating of leftovers. I tried to make this delicious looking recipe for avocado dressing from Eat Little, Eat Big, but I misread the recipe and added a tablespoon of salt before I realized it called for teaspoons. So it was reeeeeaaaally salty and pretty much inedible. Sadness. I saved it though, so hopefully I can get some more avocados and just make more of it. It's a great way to use up avocados that are slightly past their prime.

So I don't have any fun food pictures for you today, so here's an adorable picture of my kitty instead:


Meow!

Today's food:

Breakfast
Kashi heart-to-heart - 160

Lunch
Chicken salad - 111
Lima beans - 108

Dinner
Fruit/veggie/meat platter with baby carrots, grape tomatoes, mini turkey pepperoni, and mango -119

Snacks
Sugar-free Jell-o (banana fudge) - 60
Turkey bites - 80
Chili/lime almonds - 94
1tbsp peanut butter - 100
1 cup skim milk - 80

Total: 912

You guys are the awesomest ever! Seriously, y'all are really what's keeping me going! Love you guys!

6 comments:

Momma Jean said...

Here I am. I opened a new acct. I'm Momma Jean and my pic is a cute one of you girls. So proud of you. I got Gigi a new collar and small pink leash today so she is waiting for you to come home and walk with her. Hee hee. You are doing a great job, my sweet and I love your honesty and baring of your soul. Not easy. I'm so glad you're feeling so great. 3 weeks! xoxox

Momma Jean said...

Daddy's comment has disappeared. He is blaming me. How can I be a "follower"?

Neil DeRosa said...

Way to Cambo -- three weeks! I'm really proud of you. Let me know if you need help with Bio.

Campbell said...

Mom - Well I'm glad it worked! Yay can't wait to walk with Gigi and her cute pink stuff! Thanks so much for the sweet comment. :) I know 3 weeks! Looks like you figured out how to follow all by yourself! Yay!

Daddy - Thanks so much! Our test got moved to this Tuesday, so I'm might be calling you this weekend for help! I finally managed to make a little bit of sense about action potential and ion channels in the nervous system. Lol. I had to get on YouTube and watch a bunch of animations. :)

pickles said...

Big Day Campbell! Twenty-One Days just sounds like a Big Day and I am so very proud of you for your positive attitude and consistent life change methods....you make it fun! And we enjoy reading about your days and your highs and lows...of course there will be many as for all of us. I love that you are enjoying walking. Sugar, Riley, and i walked around Beaver Lake today and it was just so beautiful, I wish we could walk together. We had to put Captain down last week it was very very very sad! Check her beautiful grave out in my facebook photos. Philip dug it and made it, it was quite emotional. I hope this is readable, I do not have glasses on. Hey, I mainly want to say that every time I read your blog I get this huge smile and I just get so happy, you are doing it! and making a real life change one step at a time and that is really the key.....You are one awesome Leader yourself....maybe that's why I am so proud of you...you were once my L.I.T.....Leader In Training and I know you got "wings" one summer and demonstrating your leadership qualities everyday! Love ya! The Leader

Campbell said...

Thanks so much! I know, it would be so great if we could! I bet it's so beautiful up there right now. I'm so sorry to hear about Captain! I remember when you guys got her. She was such a great dog. I love what Philip did for her grave - so sweet.

Lol, you taught me so well, Original Leader! You're so great...I appreciate the support and the sweet comment! Give everyone my love!

Post a Comment