Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day Twelve

So I just realized today how much I've left my exercise to the last minute! I'm thinking of counting exercise starting on Monday instead of Friday, because Friday really creeps up on you if you don't get any exercise done over the weekend! I took a 20 minute walk today, so that was good, but I need to get on the ball and stop putting it off! It's so easy to let the week get away from you.

By the way, isn't my new blog background the cutest? I got it and the last one from here, they have so many cute things. Anyways, here's what I cooked today...

Green Bean and Tomato Salad from Veggie Num Num

It was delicious! I added a bit of feta cheese, because I can't seem to have olives on salad without it!


Gus was very interested in it too...



So that was fun. Then for dinner, I had some incredible spicy broiled shrimp, once again from Kalyn's Kitchen...


SO yummy, but HOT! I used Weber cajun seasoning and I'll be sure to use less next time, because my mouth was on FIRE! But it was still delicious!

I'm really getting into this whole cooking healthy stuff thing. Before, my typical dinner consisted of macaroni and cheese, usually worsened by a dollop of sour cream, a chunk of butter, and real cheese (I justified it because they were all "light"). It feels so much better not only to be eating right, but to actually have some variety in my food! I was afraid I wouldn't have the energy to cook, but I actually get excited about it! It's so helpful to have it planned out beforehand, because I can get revved up about it before I have to make it. Yes, it's more expensive, and yes, it's much more trouble, but it feels so much better. Plus it's good practice for having to cook for more than just myself someday!

Also I've gotten addicted to these olives:


They are AMAZING. Seriously, I pop them like candy. They're mild but incredibly flavorful at the same time...I just love them. Both the black and green varieties are great. I actually have like three different types of olives in the fridge right now, but I always reach for these first.

So here's what I ate today...

Breakfast
2 Egg muffins - 320 (I love these! They kept me pretty full until I got home from class at 2:30!)

Lunch
Green bean & tomato salad - 254
Greek yogurt -140

Dinner
Spicy broiled shrimp -168 

Snacks
Greek Yogurt - 140 (Still addicted)
2 tablespoons peanut butter - 200
15 olives - 75 (I told you. Like candy.)
Turkey pepperoni - 70
1 glass skim milk - 86 (a must with peanut butter)

Total: 1453


Hope you're all doing well!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw that pic with Gus is adorable....That shrimp looks tasty, even though you know how I feel about shrimp...Anyways keep up the good work! It all looks delicioso:)

Campbell said...

Isn't he the most precious! He's a little turd though...always up in my business. Lol, I promise I'll never put shrimp in your bed ever again.

Side note: isn't it funny our parents name us after canned stuff?

Post a Comment