Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day Fourteen

Wow! We're one day away from the two week mark, and the end of phase one! It feels like it's gone by so fast. And I'm still going strong! Everyone's encouragement has helped so much.

I also got some exercise today! I walked from biology back to my car like I've been meaning to do for two weeks now! I think I'm going to start doing it regularly now, because it's practically built in to my day. It only takes twenty minutes, so it's not as long as it could be, but there are plenty of hills and it gets my heart rate up. I do need to get some shoes with better support though, because I did it in flip flops today and my calves were not happy.

I pretty much skipped lunch today, which wasn't good. I don't get home from class until 2:30 on Tuesday/Thursdays, and once I got home today I was a little panicked about my Bio test next week, so I came home and got studying...pretty much until dinner! But then, of course, I was starving by dinner. I managed not to overeat, though. And then I made a delicious chicken breast (recipe here) which had been marinating since last night. I grilled it on our George Foreman and it turned out great! I'm going to have to start using the George Foreman more...I usually don't like plain chicken breast much, since it usually turns out dry, but this was so good and moist all grilled up! Here's a picture:


It was so juicy, I didn't even need to put sauce on it! YUM!

Here's everything else I ate today:

Breakfast
Breakfast cup: 160
Morningstar Veggie Sausage: 160
Coffee w/ creamer - 60

Lunch
Eh...nada

Dinner
Mustard, lemon, and coriander chicken breast - 220
Peas and carrots - 40

Snacks
1 tablespoon peanut butter - 100
1/4 cup cottage cheese - 58

Total: 798

Yikes...a little low. Gotta keep up with those meals!

Thanks everyone! And keep commenting, it helps so much!!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Yum! Your chicken dinner looked luscious.
Beware of skipping meals or not getting enough calories. Your body adjusts to the calorie load it expects to get, so if it thinks you've cut calories, it won't burn as many. Can you take a snack to class or eat one in between classes on days when you have classes near lunchtime?
But excellent on the walking!! Only please do get some better shoes. I'd hate to see you injure your feet or legs and have to stay off them a while. that would set you back.
You're doing great, Campbell!! We're proud of you!

Unknown said...

Yumm that chicken breast looks delicious! And the George Foreman is your new BFF, i cook everything on it lol See you tomorrow? Love youuu

Post a Comment