Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day Twenty-Seven

Wow...we're two days away from the 1 month mark! I can't believe it! I pretty much feel that way every time I complete another week successfully, but even more so now that it's about to be four in a row!

It's funny, I feel like the longer I eat healthy, the better I get at it. I've learned my way around the healthy sections at the grocery store. I'm better at estimating how much fresh stuff to get for the week so it doesn't spoil. I'm also better at combatting my cravings for sugary stuff! So far so good!

I did my 30 minutes of walking today! It was a gorgeous day. I've really discovered how much I love walking...I never used to do it if I could help it, but I've found that it's so nice to get out and move and get some fresh air. I'm hoping that I can make this a routine for me. It just makes my day that much better when I can get a walk in!

One thing I've learned this week is that having my meals planned and making sure that I have a lot of variety in my food makes this whole healthy eating thing SO much easier. Because I spent the week eating up old stuff, my food often got repetitive and I found myself getting bored. It was okay because I knew it was only temporary, but now I know that it's absolutely necessary that I make sure I have lots of choices in the fridge and in my meals, because when I get bored, I'm more likely to make unhealthy choices. So I can't wait to get home tomorrow and get some meals planned out! And get some pictures going again!

Here's today's food:

Breakfast
Kashi w/ milk - 186

Lunch
Tuna w/ mayo and relish - 210

Dinner
Turkey burgers - 360 (I think I accidentally lowballed a little last time I had these)
Sweet potato fries - 190

Snacks
Nonfat Greek yogurt w/ blueberries - 120
1 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter - 100
1/4 cup pistachios - 85
Glass skim milk - 80

Total: 1331

2 comments:

Jane said...

Congrats on reaching the one month mark! That's impressive.
And with a little planning, it's not too hard.

I keep salad stuff and canned tuna (or salmon) and eggs — and cheese! — on hand all the time. Craig also loves the Morningstar Spicy Black Bean burgers.

It takes time to get used to planning before a run to the store. Otherwise, your list is always the same. You may want to make a list of easy and delicious dishes you can glance at before a store run. it will help broaden your sights. My mom recently reminded me of a dish she used to make that I love but had totally forgotten about.

Another easy entree is the Aidells chicken sausages in the refrigerated section. I like the Chicken/Apple ones the best. You can just slice them up and microwave them if you're in a hurry. Yummy — and moist!

You're off to a fabulous start!
It will take exercise and a change in diet, but see how much better you feel?

Don't deprive yourself on Thanksgiving but watch those portion sizes. A lot of pie is a lot of trouble. :-)

love ya.
Auntie Jane

Campbell said...

Thanks for encouragement, ideas, and advice! I think I should be okay on Thanksgiving, I'm making what looks like a really yummy South Beach friendly raspberry cheesecake, so I shouldn't be in too much trouble, at least not for dessert. :) The chicken sausages sound good! I'll have to try and find them.

Post a Comment