Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day Seven

Day Seven! It's been a pretty good day, especially because it's fall break! I'm up in Asheville w/ Ginny...we just had a groundbreaking grocery trip. Instead of going out to eat or ordering pizza, we went to the grocery store and bought a bunch of healthy stuff, then made salad for dinner. That's REAL progress for us! It felt great.

Also I weighed in this morning, since I knew I'd be up here and wouldn't have my scale with me for my official Friday weigh in and I lost...

drum roll please...

THREE POUNDS!!!

That's right! One week, three pounds! It's probably mostly water weight, but who cares, it's so great to see the scale move down! It's great to have confirmation that what I'm doing is working.

So we're going to try to keep the healthy thing up all weekend. Ginny and I are committed to do some exercise tomorrow, maybe go for a hike or something fun. That will make my fourth exercise day for the week!

This is what I ate today...

Breakfast
1 hard-boiled egg - 70
Multigrain Cheerios - 110

Lunch
20 almonds - 150
2 Slim Jims - 80
(I was in the car on the way up here so I brought snacky things)

Dinner
Salad w/ spinach, tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, and turkey pepperoni (w/ olive & vinegar dressing) - 258
2 slices of turkey - 50
2 slices of ham - 55
1 slice havarti cheese - 80
(Ginny brought home subs from work, so I ate the stuff in the middle)

Snacks
Snow cream pop - 50
10 Turkey pepperoni - 40
V8 juice - 30
Non-fat Greek Yogurt - 140

Total: 1113

So far so good! Lindsey, your gum suggestion has worked wonders...especially in the car today! I usually get extreme munchie feeling on car rides, but I just kept popping gum and I did fine without my usual fast food pit stop. So yay!

Love you all!  You guys are the BEST!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Excellent news! And I'm thrilled to hear about your weekend with Ginny. Good work, girls! And doesn't it feel good?? You should be very proud of yourself! If you can get through Halloween OK, you can get through most anything. So keep your chin high and your resolve up too.

love, Aunt Jane

Unknown said...

Yay, I clearly rock with the gum suggestion:) You are awesome, and inspiring! I was watching tv, and i usually snack on junk, but i made BROCCOLI as a snack. who does that? haha I love you! Keep it up:)

Campbell said...

Lol omg you have broccoli in the house?? I'm impressed. I just bought a big thing of it to make some kind of breakfast casserole with. We'll see how that goes. I love you too! Thanks sissy!

And thanks Aunt Jane! It does feel good. And the best thing was, I didn't even really want it that much...it feels so good to eat right that I don't want to sabotage myself. Thanks so much for the encouragement!

Post a Comment