Friday, October 29, 2010

Day Eight

So it's officially been a week! And, of course, today was just about my worst day food-wise of the week. I mean, I didn't violate South Beach in any way, but I did go one calorie over my 1700. I blame it on going out to eat for lunch (we went to Panera), so the food was a little less healthy than it would have been had I made it at home. Also, I had some sneaky chicken salad Ginny brought from Harris Teeter that turned out to be like 300 calories per serving. Plus a coffee from Starbucks and I was done for. Lesson for today: making stuff at home gives you a lot more control over what you're eating!

But I did 30 minutes of DDR (Dance Dance Revolution - a video game where you exercise), probably my best workout of the week, fulfilling my goal of 4x per week! I think I'm going to try to make it five next week. Like I've said, I always feel better on the days I've exercised.

Anyways, it's going to be a short post today...Ginny and I are watching scary movies (No candy! Yay us!), so I'm going to get back to that. But here's the eating rundown for today...

Breakfast
Spinach and feta cheese omelette - 191
Morningstar veggie sausage - 160

Lunch
Salad w/ bbq chicken (half of half size) - approx 190
Creamy tomato soup - 300 (yikes...there's part of my downfall!)

Dinner
Salad w/ spinach, tomato, feta cheese, turkey pepperoni, olives and oil/vinegar dressing - approx 270
Chicken salad - 300 (another part of the downfall! I didn't realize how many calories it had until I looked it up...chicken salad is supposed to be healthy!)

Snacks
2 Snow cream stix - 90
Starbucks nonfat pumpkin spice latte - 200 (and the final part of the downfall equation...dang Starbucks!)

Total: 1701 (one calorie over? Really? REALLY?!)

Thanks again you guys! Your comments really keep me going. Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment