Friday, October 22, 2010

Day One, Part Two

Just got back from the grocery store. I spent a lot more than I usually do, but I also got a lot more fresh stuff than I usually do!

For some reason, halfway through I looked down at my cart full of veggies and healthy stuff, and I wanted to ditch it and run! I don't know if it was because I knew it was going to cost more, or I knew I was going to have to prepare it all, or just because it was out of my comfort zone. But I didn't ditch it...I went to the check out and I put everything away in the fridge (we have a full veggie drawer now, hooray!)

Anyways, just thought I should document that. Otherwise everything is going great! Had tomato soup for lunch, with some almonds and a sugar-free fudge pop. So far so good! Of course, it's only day one...

Also - I bought an eggplant. That's right. An eggplant.

4 comments:

Neil DeRosa said...

Way to go Cambo -- I love your attitude and your writing. Love, Dad

Eggplant, WOW!

pickles said...

Campbell DeRosa- you are my newest and bestest hero. I am so proud of you and know that I love you and am behind you one hundred percent. You are so smart, I love your complete honesty....what a great place to start!!! I'll be reading everyday! GO CAMPBELL!!!! You can do this, it will be hard, very hard, but you can do more than you think you can....you are the best!!
Love, Your Aunt Robyn

Ginny said...

Campbell, I am so proud of you for doing this. Starting the journey, and admitting that the journey needs to be started, is one of the biggest and hardest steps. This won't be an easy journey...trust me, there are weeks where I want to throw Weight Watchers out the window and go back to my old ways, but that's all part of it. I know you can do this. I'm here for you and will help you out in any way I can. Maybe we can start doing DDR or going to the Y whenever you come to visit (I have a membership that I need to use more often).
XOXO ~ Ginny
P.S.--I will admit I haven't been brave enough to buy an eggplant yet :)

Campbell said...

Thanks so much everyone!! You guys are sooooo awesome!!

Post a Comment