Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day Eighty

So did you guys think I was never coming back? I know it was not the best time to disappear, considering my rather concerning last post, but let me assure everyone that all is well and that I'm still on track with my weight loss! I just get way, way off my routine when I'm at home, so I just kind of gave up trying to post until I got back up here to Athens were, somehow, my brain functions more consistently.

First thing to report is that I maintained my weight over the holidays! I even lost .2 pounds, but that's hardly worth calling attention to. :) But maintanence was my goal, so I'm thrilled. Especially since I didn't exactly exercise like I should have.

So I'm gearing up to get back on track and start cooking up a storm! Speaking of cooking and storms, I was forced to venture out to the grocery store today in possibly the worse grocery store conditions ever...not only have a bunch of students, like myself, just returned to bare cupboards after Christmas break, but we are also supposed to have some pretty serious snow tomorrow (serious for Georgia, at least), and you know what that means...

DROP EVERYTHING AND RUN, NOT WALK, RUN TO THE GROCERY STORE!!! YOU MUST HAVE MILK, EGGS, AND BREAD IN LARGE QUANTITIES BEFORE THE SNOWPOCALYPSE! (Or Snowmageddon. Whichever you prefer.)

Lol. So it was kind of the perfect storm at Kroger today...college students with empty pantries and southern natives who, when faced with the prospect of being trapped in the house for a whole day, seem to suddenly realize how much food they need. Though I'm not sure what people think they're going to be able to do with milk and eggs if the power goes out.

Anyways, now that I've braved the grocery crowds, I'm stocked up on food (at least, enough to get me through the week) and am looking forward to one last day of vacation (assuming school is cancelled tomorrow, which it better be) before I start my last semester of college!

I was happy to find, upon my return to Athens, that Karlee has also gotten on a healthy eating kick. So hopefully we'll be able to support each other. We'll probably find ourselves at the "gym" in our complex (I put gym in quotes because, well, let's just say the equipment inside looks like it came from the Goodwill), as it's way too cold to walk outside.

So there's your update! I plan to post with MUCH more consistency now that I'm back at school, so be sure to check back. Hopefully I'll have some picture-worthy meals to post tomorrow!

Love you all! Hope everyone's New Year is going well!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Snowmagedden, hilarious! I hope class gets canceled tomorrow as well!! Keep it up! I love you and am going to come to Athens to visit sometime soon so get exciteddd:)

Campbell said...

Yay! I was sad we didn't get to hang out before I came back, so you have to come chill with me! I promise I'll have your sock done by the time you come up here!

Unknown said...

Glad to see you posting again! Congrats on meeting your goal of maintaining-well done.

We were back in GA over the holidays-it was REALLY cold (to us thin blooded Maui'ans)!

Campbell said...

Thanks Susie! Lol, I'm sure you guys froze up here! I don't know how people up north stand it. I like winter, but after a while, BRRR!

Post a Comment