Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day Eight-Nine

So FINALLY I got out and got some exercise today! I have to thank Karlee for getting me out, since I was busy coming up with excuses not to (it's cold and wet, I have homework, etc. etc.), but she dragged me out and I'm so glad she did!

We also had a little unexpected surprise during our walk...


Yes, that's right...we got suckered in to bringing home a little stray. We were walking along, innocently enough, and this little kitty crossed our path. Of course we had to pet it, and then it proceeded to follow us until we knocked on the neighbor's door close to where we found him to ask them if he was theirs. He wasn't, and to make a long story short, he ended up here, curled up on our chair. He's the most precious little thing! So we're either going to find a new home for him or Karlee's going to keep him. I have abdicated all responsibility...one cat is more than enough for me. But I just couldn't stand to leave him out in the cold! I can't imagine how he survived all the snow.

So I haven't had dinner yet, but the day was pretty good as far as food goes. I tried to make an eye of round steak for lunch, but it turned out a weird color and didn't taste very good, so I dumped it and just ate a veggie mix cooked in some olive oil. I was going to make steak salad for dinner, but I'm not sure the second steak is going to be any better than the first. So I might have to get creative.

Thanks so much for the encouragement everyone! Now I'm on the road to the 30 lb mark, very exciting! It's so great to watch my goal get closer and closer. Here's to the next 22!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Steak is gross...the kitten is cute! You are awesome and I can't wait until you hit 30 (lbs not years)!!
Love-your fav sister!

Jane said...

Woo-hoo! 22 lbs down is great. I really was impressed you maintained over the holidays. And I can sympathize with how hard it is to exercise when it's cold out. But remember, the more muscle you build, the easier it will be to burn calories. So keep moving! You're doing wonderfully.
Love ya.
Aunt Jane

Jane said...

PS -- That kitty is adorable! Are you your mother's child or what???!!!

Post a Comment