Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 152

So despite my good intentions, I went off the blogging radar over spring break. I did cook a couple of nights, but I totally forgot to take pictures, and otherwise just got out of my routine. I did stick with good eating and exercising though! Which is probably why I surpassed the 30lb mark (I weighed in this morning and was 207.6!) and am now well on my way to the 100s!

I really can't wait until I turn that first number on the scale from a 2 to a 1. I'm finally starting to feel the weight loss in my body...for example, I looked at my thighs at one point over spring break and was surprised at how much smaller they looked. My clothes still seem to fit about the same, though I have gone down a bra cup size, which is not exactly appreciated. I would much rather lose from the stomach or booty! Oh well...a smaller size is always welcome, no matter what the clothing item is.

I just got back from the grocery, but for some reason when I was looking for recipes before going I really hit the doldrums...I just couldn't get excited about most of the things I came across. I think this was mostly because I was hot (it's currently 80 in Athens and I had only just turned the AC on) and the prospect of eating a hot meal was not very appealing. All I could think about was cold salads! So I got plenty of salad stuff. I also got a pound of ground beef, which I haven't had in a while, in order to make Susie Bee's Burgers and Kalyn's Greek Meatballs. I got some chicken too, in case I decide I want some later in the week.

I also discovered some yummy chipotle hummus at Trader Joe's! Very very tasty. Sadly, although they usually have the biggest, most delicious avocados of all the grocery stores I frequent, they were puny and expensive today. So I only got one, planning to go back to Walmart or Kroger later in the week if I need to. However, Trader Joe's did not disappoint with their Gala apples! I had one a minute ago and it was kind of amazing. Although this may be partially due to the fact that I was starving!

Oh, and a quick question...why in Sam Hill are sunflower seeds so fattening? I mean, they're tiny! And yet, 18g of fat for a 1/4 cup. Seriously, sunflower seeds? Seriously? They're practically pure fat.

But I bought some anyway. After much hemming and hawing. I mean, they're good on salad. Just have to make sure I moderate!

Love you all. Thanks for keeping up with me. You guys are the best!

3 comments:

Jeano said...

Hi Baby! Congratulations..... Salads and fruit are perfect for summer. I had some salmon and broccoli at the club tonight, but I'm ready for cold stuff. No more big hot meals! Hope you're doing well. We miss you and Gus..xoxoxoxo

Jane said...

Nut fats are better for you than the saturated fats in meat, so don't sweat them too much. You're right, moderation is the key.

I love hard boiled egg, toasted almonds, feta or blue cheese, chick or blackeyed peas and pear on salads. Ummmm.

You're doing great, sweetie! And it's so much nicer to keep up the exercise when it's gorgeous outside. Happy Spring!

Hugs,
Auntie Jane

Unknown said...

wooo congrats! trader's also has a delicious horseradish hummus that I am currently obsessed with. anyways you are my hero! we need to skype soon@

Post a Comment