Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 117

So I didn't have my best day today...I know, way to start out on a high note, right? Eating was fine, but I skipped my walk, which I can't exactly call a good choice. I blame it on the fact that I didn't take those ever-important ADD pills this morning. My supply ran out and I didn't get it refilled until this afternoon. They really help give me the extra boost to get out and get going, and without it, it was just too easy to let myself slide. It's not a great excuse, I know...I need to be able to get out and exercise with or without extra chemicals making my brain work correctly. But that's always easier said than done.

But you can be sure I'll be poppin' those pills tomorrow, so I should be able to get moving to make up for today!

I made Spicy Pinto Bean and Tuna Salad from Kalyn's Kitchen for dinner today...


It was good, but not spectacular. I think the reason it left a little something to be desired was because my pinto beans were a little hard...maybe I'll heat them up first next time? Also, I started cutting into the cherry tomatoes I bought at Wal-Mart yesterday to find almost all of them yucky and brown inside! This is just one of many times Wal-Mart produce has failed me recently, and I'm resolved never to buy fresh fruit or veggies from them again. Anyways, I managed to pull out four or five good tomatoes from the lot, but the salad was supposed to have more.

Still, the dressing was really tasty, and the flavor of the salad as a whole was great! I ended up sprinkling some goat cheese over it (after I took the picture), which added a little extra yum.

So here's to a better day tomorrow! I weighed again this morning, and was the same as last night, so I don't think it was just a fluke. Hooray! Hopefully things will continue in this vein!

1 comment:

Jane said...

This beautiful weather is perfect for walking outside.
No excuses for either of us!

Post a Comment