Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 112

To begin with, I have to say - today was an extra delicious day at Campbell's house. But more on that in a minute.

I missed my walk today, even though it was a pretty day outside. I had lady pains, and I just couldn't get the energy together. So, logically, I spent two hours cleaning and organizing my room instead. Lol! I don't know where I got the energy to do that...I didn't take my pills today and I didn't have a paper to avoid either! Weird. But I figure I burned about the same calories as I would have walking, even though it wasn't really aerobic activity. I scrubbed down the bathroom, did laundry, changed the sheets, dusted, vacuumed, wiped down surfaces, organized bookshelves, and even spot cleaned my bedspread! But I will definitely be back out to do my walk tomorrow. I've done two 30 minute walks so far this week, so I still have two more to go!

Anyways, back to the delicious thing. I had a Greek salad for dinner:


I was inspired by this Greek salad, but had to edit out the ingredients I don't like, namely onions and cucumbers, along with the stuff I didn't have. The salad I ended up with is a mixture of spring greens, banana peppers, Lindsay natural olives (I know you're supposed to have kalamata, but I like these better!), artichoke hearts, and goat cheese.


As directed by the recipe, I let the peppers, olives, and artichoke hearts marinate in an olive oil/lemon juice/salt/pepper/McCormick's Mediterranean spice mix concoction. DELISH! I enjoyed it far more than restaurant Greek salads, which always have the iceburg lettuce with the crunchy white parts (as most of you know I cannot abide the crunchy white parts!). Yuck. The spring mix was a great substitute!

Oh, but the deliciousness does not end there. For dessert, I made (or rather, improvised on) Susie Bee's Blueberry Banana Smoothie...


Dang, you guys, I can't even communicate how scrumdiddlyumptious this smoothie was! It was really more like ice cream. As usual, I did not have all the ingredients (forgot to buy coconut milk and flax seeds at the grocery), but it still turned out amazing. I used frozen blueberries as well as a frozen banana, and the texture was just like Smoothie King! All I added to the fruit was one egg white and a splash of skim milk. It was PERFECT. Y'all have to try this! I made it in my food processor, as I don't own a blender, and it turned out great. YUM.

A side note: Seems like I'm using a lot of CAPS in this post.

Anyways. Weigh-in tomorrow! Hope it's good news!

By the way, y'all are awesome.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aloha Campbell!
Glad you liked the idea for the smoothie-yours looks and sounds delicious.

Dr. Ann DeRosa said...

WOW, CAMPBELL! i love what you are doing here. The idea of an extra delicious day sounds so spectacular. Can I get some snaps for not going to McDonald's for 4 days? All inspired by you. My Campbell inspired meal of the day: a turkey, spinach, hummus, and salsa wrap with yogurt blue cheese and low fat swiss cheese. Is it possible to pile on so much low fat stuff that it gets not low fat?

Love you to absolute bits and SOOOOO Proud to be your AA (Aunt Ann)

Dr. Ann DeRosa said...

DRUM ROLL FOR THE WEIGH IN!!! You rock the casbah dearie. loads of love!! Happy Valentine's Day!!

Jane said...

Four posts in a row. You're back on your horse! Excellent. And the meals really did look good.

I too made split pea soup this last week - My recipe called for the yellow ones and I found them at Whole Foods. By soaking them overnite, the cooking time is lessened by about half.

I'll have to try the smoothie. It looked fab!

love ya.

Post a Comment