Monday, December 6, 2010

Day Forty-Six

I'm going to go ahead and admit it.

I want a cookie.

I really want a cookie.

It doesn't help that Karlee has a batch of them sitting on the counter. Or that she made cupcakes today, of all things! And they're just sitting there. Temptingly.

Ugh. But I've been doing really well with resisting...that little voice in my head keeps urging me to just try a little bite of cookie, or take just a little swipe of icing. But my healthy eating voice has been louder so far! I took out some of my cookie frustrations on pounding almonds up for the tilapia I made for dinner, which helped. Cooking something tasty for dinner makes me less anxious for satisfaction through sweets. I also redirected with fat free whipped cream and a kashi bar, which helped a lot. It's a fight though. Guess that's the point, right?

But so far so good. I just keep telling myself that now is good practice for Christmas, when the sweets will be much more tempting!

Besides resisting cookies, I also took my 30 minute walk today, despite the temptation to skip it. It was freezing, and I had other stuff I preferred to be doing, and I had pretty much decided I wasn't going to go. Then I stopped myself, thought "Just take the dang walk, Campbell," and got out there. It was COLD. I wore mittens and a fleece jacket but my arms and thighs were still pretty numb by the time I got back. But it still felt really good to get it done. Especially considering how much I didn't want to! Victory #2.

I made Almond and Parmesan Baked Tilapia for dinner (from Kalyn's Kitchen...what would I do without her?), which was delicious. This means a lot coming from me, as I'm definitely not a fan of fish. I was supposed to use almond meal, but because I didn't have any, I just ground up some almonds I had in the pantry, which worked out fine. Here's a picture:


I also made a variation of Kalyn's South Beach-Friendly Tartar Sauce, but I didn't have any plain Greek yogurt, so I used reduced fat sour cream instead. It was delish!


So that was a treat! I would say, in all, the day went well. I didn't have any pressing homework, I got to take a little break, which was nice. One more week until I'm officially done with the semester!

Today's food:

Breakfast
Egg Mcmuffin - 300 (I know, not my best choice. But I was out of milk and desperate)

Lunch
Scrambled eggs w/ spinach and goat cheese - 233
Veggie sausage links - 80

Dinner
Almond and Parmesan baked tilapia - 230 (approx.)
Grape tomatoes - 9
Sauce - 70

Snacks
Leftover meatballs - 165
Kashi fruit and grain bar - 120
Fat-free whipped cream - 50
Snow cream pop - 45
Cup skim milk - 86 

Total: 1388

2 comments:

Jeano said...

This is making me very hungry. Don't forget you could go up and down stairs in this freezing weather, but I am so impressed that you got out and froze but I know you were refreshed. Your food is beautiful. I think Kaylen needs to hire you to promote her blog. So proud of that resistance, IT IS NOT EASY! You are doing such a great job and I love your honesty. Rocco is asking about you and I told him about your blog. He wants to sit with you and do a few things on your break. He hasn't used his website yet. Love love love U. Can't wait to hang out. The knitting ladies will be asking about you tonight. xoxoxo Mom

Jane said...

Seriously delicious looking! You can make me dinner anytime. I'm going to try that tilapia recipe. I've done something similar with mustard, chopped pecans and a few panko bread crumbs. Mmmmmm. I think the key with fish is to rinse it well first and not to overcook it. Craig and I like nearly any fish sprinkled with Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning and then baked at 400 degrees for about ten minutes.

I promise to have some healthy food as well as a couple of cookies at The Bake this year. I'll keep you busy decorating. You and Lindsey always do a beautiful job! And if you get some exercise, there's no reason you can't splurge on a cookie or two. That's my opinion.

Hope to see you this weekend.
I have a huge hug waiting for you!
--Aunt Jane

Post a Comment